Feb 8, 2020

02/08/2020

Sooooo love me some witches!

Having grown up in a very conservative
family, I'm amazed I was ever allowed
to see any witches. But my grandmother,
fairly witchy in her own right, made sure
I got to see a couple. She even made a
family affair out of Wizard of Oz; such fun!
When I went over to visit her, I usually got
to watch that old black and white comedy
series, Bewitched. Little gal that I was,
I'd sit on the edge of my seat and laugh
hysterically at their antics.

It mattered to me to be more avant guard
than my parents, so I provided Hocus Pocus
and even The Blair Witch Project for my kids,
along with several others I couldn't stand to
watch. I have to laugh . . . to this day, I can't
deal with anything in the horror genre, but
my own children love it! I kowtow to the
love stricken teenager within, so it's
Practical Magic and Stardust for me every
Halloween. I so feel for my lover! He must
be sick of 'em!

calling all witches
i want to be scary too
wait til i grow up

No comments:

Post a Comment