Aug 10, 2021

08/10/2021

How are you all faring with initials
communication? Try these examples
on for size. I don't know any of them!

1. ROF Rolling on the floor laughing.
2. STFU Shut the freak up.
3. LMK Let me know.
4. ILY I love you.
5. YOLO You only live once.
6. SMH Shaking my head.
7. LMFAO Laughing my freaking ass off.
8. NVM Never mind.
9. IKR I know, right.
10. OFC Of course.

I understand that texting is made faster
and easier with the use of initials. But,
what happens if you don't understand
them? IDK what I'd do! Guess I'd have
to text back and ask for a translation.
But then, I'd need to know how to text!

I have friends who end their e-mail
missives to me with LOL. I always
thought this meant Lots Of Love. Now,
I learn it means Laughing Out Loud.
Not quite sure why one would end a
missive with laughing out loud rather
than lots of love.

I can't decide if this has more to do 
with saving time on messaging or
distinguishing a difference between
the youngers and the olders.  See, I
can make up words too!!!

lets chat up sometime
language texts lingo nuance
communication 

No comments:

Post a Comment