Aug 30, 2021

08/31/2021

"Let everything happen to you.
Beauty and terror. Just keep 
going. No feeling is final."
~Rainer Maria Rilke

So love Rainer Maria Rilke! Seems
about the time I begin to lose it, I run 
across one of his quotes and it jolts
me right out my mood.

This weekend I was so wrapped up in
the joy of spending time with my children, 
it was nigh onto impossible to remember 
said joy when faced with the sorrow of the 
goodbyes.

Doubt very much I'll be breaking into
song a la Julie Andrews with my favorite
things any time soon. Having said that, 
I suppose there's naught wrong with 
reminding oneself of a few happys!

I swear I am going to enjoy every moment
of the waning days of summer rather than
worry about the soon approaching autumn.
I may as well go for broke and celebrate
the new and improved bod as opposed to
all that needs yet to be accomplished!

And by the way, me thinks Santa isn't the 
only one who can make a list and check 
it twice. Careful, I may just go off the deep 
end here and burst into song!

Hey Julie, I'm really getting into this; 
want to come on over?!

No comments:

Post a Comment