Sep 1, 2024

09/01/2024

Harking back . . . this date always
had me in a dither of excitement.
Only four days 'til school would
begin, September 4th.

A small parochial school with the 
best teachers. How I loved it and
reading was my absolute fave! 

Fact is, I loved school so much, I
became a teacher myself. 40 years
all told, in two countries. I do love
being retired, and yet . . . I still 
dream I'm in the classroom.

Blows me away that some of my
students are now grandparents.
Naught like it to remind you of
your own age!

I do recognize now just how lucky
I was. I hear people complaining
about their jobs, their work. That's
when it comes to me, luckiest gal
ever. Sooooo loved teaching!

Hope all of us have fond memories
of good ole days in the classroom.
So thankful for each and every
teacher I had. Bless them!

p.s. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying
retirement though. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment