May 4, 2020

05/04/2020

Last night I dreamt . . .

 . . . I found myself coming home at the
end of an arduous journey and I felt a
sense of relief at the return. No sooner
had I arrived, that I called two women
to come on over and resume classes.
I was that anxious to share what I had
learned on my travels. After the initial
greetings, i served them an afternoon
glass of white. We settled in and began
to discuss . . . when a knock at the door!

It was another couple of friends come
to wish me welcome back home. Again,
I invited them to have a seat and gave
them a glass of wine. And then, the siege
began . . . woman after woman, couple
after couple, until the home space was
overflowing. I served wine in shot glasses,
bottle lids, small bowls . . . even ash trays.
Once the white ended, I began with the
red. There was standing room only. I kept
begging for everyone to be quiet and watch
the educational flick I had brought home.
Still, it seemed they were only interested
in chatting, catching up, partying!

I was beside myself! Finally, I shouted in
a loud voice, 'Shut the fuck up!' at which
my mother gave me a distinctively dirty
look of disapproval. And, where had she
come from, having been gone lo these
four years?! It was simply ghastly. My
much longed for class had turned into a
cocktail party. And, I can't even begin to
describe the claustrophobia! My second
scream actually awakened me . . .

I lay there, panting! 'What the hell was
that all about'? And frankly, i believe the
nightmare deserves a good think! I believe
the message is, 'Simplify and enjoy'! It
doesn't get any more direct than that!

slow down the music
leave the rock 'n roll to waltz
enjoy the new pace

No comments:

Post a Comment