Mar 16, 2021

03/16/2021 (#30 NO WATER) sinks/jane?

"Follow thy fair sun, unhappy shadow."
~Thomas Campion

Although I am a moon person at heart,
I find that in Winter especially, my
soul seeks the sun! I cast my mind back 
to those special happenings when the 
sun was a sweet surprise in an otherwise 
very dark world.

I sit at my window, watching a dreary
day of gray, snow lazily coming down,
accompanied by my tears. All of a
sudden, in that awesome space twixt 
the trees, a patch of blue appears. It is
followed by a small white cloud and
then . . . oh then . . . the sun peeks its 
head out. Tears turn to relief, to joy!

My mind travels through a blurry past
of childhood memories . . . That picnic
on the first truly sunny day of spring.
Picking asparagus by the side of the
road, carefully avoiding the ditch. 
Seeking mushrooms for dinner . . .
puffballs and stone mushrooms are
my faves.

In latter years, afternoon root beer
floats at the local A & W. A bit of
camping and long hikes. Cotton 
candy at the summer fair, holding
hands with my guy.

May the memories sustain me . . .

so needs me some sun
pray stay a while ere i die
lonely without light

No comments:

Post a Comment