Mar 12, 2021

03/12/2021 (#27 NO WATER) sink?

I don't know if music can change
the world overnight, but I know
that music can help someone 
make it through a difficult night.
~Michael Franti

What is it about music?

I swear, sometimes I'm listening 
and my soul just wells up without 
control, sobs simply erupt from 
the bottom of my heart!

Obviously, we all like different 
types of music. Perhaps, it's what 
makes the world go 'round. I love 
Esoteric music, weird instruments 
along the lines of Enya. Like some
Western singers; Willy Nelson is 
my absolute fave. I enjoy a tad of
jazz, love me some rock 'n roll,
but not hard rock.

I'm ever so grateful to my parents 
for taking the family to the local 
community concerts regularly. 
It was a wondrous introduction 
to Montovani and other amazing 
artists. I can actually recall my 
young heart swelling with joy 
when experiencing operetta for 
the first time.

This afternoon, we sat by the 
fire, listening to Ella Fitzgerald 
and Nat King Cole. We toasted 
the two legends and gave thanks 
for the absolute delight to be 
found in their music.

the joy of music
gileads balm to my soul
gift of the ages

No comments:

Post a Comment