Mar 11, 2021

03/11/2021 (#26 NO WATER) sink?

If we allow ourselves to be enchanted
by the beauty of the ordinary, we begin
to see that all things are extraordinary.
~Dean Koontz

I would have to admit that this is the
one thing that I have truly learned by
living in my 130 year old cabin for 
the past three years.

Part of this is most likely due to living
under my doc's death threat. Add in the
incredible beauty that surrounds me and
this thoroughly decent man I am lucky
enough to call my lover . . . and you have 
beauty at its best.

Learning to live, really live, rather than
simply existing, is my path as I have
turned 70. Obviously, one does slow
down a tad, but me thinks we must 
become more discerning as the body
finds itself a bit more tired . . .

I love finding, as well as understanding,
true beauty in these latter years of my 
life. Sunflowers plucked by the side of 
the road, fresh fruit presented in bed 
upon awaking, the offer of a napkin 
otherwise forgotten, a, "Hey, let me get 
that for you."

I find myself wanting to make others
feel this same joy I am experiencing. 
Not sure it's possible, but it's still fun 
to make those little things happen.

true beauty surrounds
me thinks my heart is open
eyes unveiled at last

No comments:

Post a Comment