Jan 24, 2024

01/24/2024

"The most common way people
give up their power is by thinking
they don't have any." ~Alice Walker

My heart actually hurt when I read
this a bit ago. 

I can remember as a young woman,
thinking that I had no power. And 
now, even as the oldster that I am, 
I find I need reminding from time 
to time.

The recognition and acceptance of 
self-power is an amazing attribute 
connected to personal growth. It
allows one to literally sally forth 
and conquer.

Might be a good idea to remind us
that this power is designated to be
over oneself and not others!

Alice Malsenior Tallulah-Kate Walker
is an American novelist, short story
writer, poet, and social activist. In 
1982, she published the novel, The 
Color Purple, for which she won the 
National Book Award for hardcover 
fiction, and the Pulitzer Prize for 
Fiction. 1944 Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment