Sep 21, 2021

09/21/2021 - Autumnal Equinox

Mabon, otherwise known as the first
day of Autumn, the second harvest,
the Autumnal Equinox . . . 

This year, the Autumnal Equinox falls
on the 22nd rather than the 21st. Still,
I so love celebrating, me thinks I'll go
for both days, the traditional and the
actual. Let's take a look at what it is.

"The Autumnal Equinox is the moment
the sun crosses the equator from north
to south in September each year. The
equinox is the only time when the edge
between day and night runs perpendicular
to the equator, equally illuminating both
the southern hemisphere and the northern
hemisphere."

Sometimes I think I love the twice a year
equinoxes so much because of balance.
I've often commented that I'm the most
imbalanced Libra that I know. However,
on March 21st and September 21st, I
have that semblance of balance.

We'll celebrate the end of summer and
the beginning of fall. The leaves are
turning and the mountain tops show off
a light vesting of snow. Mornings and
evenings are chilly, warmth showing up
in the middle of the day. 

We have six weeks in which to enjoy 
this amazing season! Happy Autumn!

tis a bit chilly
already missing summer
enjoy anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment