May 1, 2021

05/01/2021 - May Day

I thought May would never come!
I waited and waited and the time
simply did NOT fly! I so welcome 
May. What are the names? May Day, 
Walpurgisnaht, Beltane! 

I must confess, I'm all about Beltane!
I love the historical background, the
tales out of school, the internationality, 
the celebrations, the spirituality involved!

So, what makes May Day, Beltane? In
reality, Beltane came hundreds of years
before May Day. In Pagan lore, Beltane
is a wondrous occasion commemorated
with total joy!

Circles of women, families and children
celebrate Beltane with music, dancing, 
festivities of every kind. It is the most 
glorious of all Pagan celebrations of 
antiquity.

I find myself wowed by the familial
connections, the likes and the loves 
shared on the occasion. Picnics, special 
foods, decor collected over the year prior. 
May poles of yesteryear, each one out
doing the previous.

Bottom line, we're talking joy, joy of the
ages, joy shared with the now! I like that!
'Tis a rare thing in this day and age, when
we share joy rather than the sorrows of
yesteryear!

Pray, celebrate the joys of Beltane; your
soul will be the better for it . . .

gift felicity
joy is what its all about
celebrate with me

No comments:

Post a Comment