May 17, 2021

05/16/2021

This morning, I watch as my guy
throws the football with the kids.
I have fun pouring over lil stones
with my granddaughter. Sneaking
a cupcake and eating ice cream at
odd hours is the fun of the grands,
all while mom looks the other way.

It's a sunny, windy day, just the
antidote to the cold snowy ones
we've been living through. And,
this kind of weather does allow
for the kids to be out and about.

In talking with my stepdaughter,
she reminds me that what we're
about is making memories. And,
I can actually see it!

The trip itself, the good weather,
playing with the dogs, taking walks,
collecting rocks, discussing topics
of interest . . . all good!

So, I do get that making memories
just may be what it's all about . . .
and not just for the children, but
for the adults as well.

What I'm going to take away from
this weekend is our time shared,
controversial conversations, good
rest, and love . . . love most of all!

i so needed this
a different kind of heaven
can we come again

No comments:

Post a Comment