May 4, 2021

05/04/2021

Being somewhat of a Nervous Nellie,
I find myself asking the question,
"What does it take to bring a sense
of peace, calm, relief to oneself?"

I went to the bank early this a.m. and
got my affairs in order. I came home,
took care of the mail, dishes, trash,
and then sat by the fire. That's when
it occurred to me . . . I had somehow
settled down in my soul and didn't
feel anxious any longer.

It was telling! Suss out what you can,
what you're able. . . run your errands,
do a few chores. Then, treat yourself 
to something you find relaxing. 

I'm not certain it will always be this
simple, but me thinks it's high time
I try a few ideas on for size! One
thing I find comforting, I'm about 
a hundred years old, and I'm still
learning every single day!

I'll confess though, I do wonder
when the hell this wisdom of the
ages is supposed to kick in?!

loathe anxiety
where oh where to find relief
pray bestow answers

No comments:

Post a Comment