May 11, 2021

05/11/2021 - SADS

"I wish I could tell you how hard it 
is to live in a world where everyone 
thinks so highly of you, yet all you 
know is what falling apart really looks 
like." ~Stevie Flood

Holding myself tightly, I made it thru
Winter, all the while praying for Spring.
Sobbing in despair, I found Winter had
highjacked Spring and this season I'd
longed for was nowhere to be found.

A reprieve for Mother's Day, and then,
Mr. Winter is back at it. It snowed all
day and everywhere I look, 'tis white.
I walk to the mailbox to pay my bills
and am baptized with its heavy falling.

Alas, there are only six weeks left of
this imposter calling himself Spring.
I pray I live long enough to see a day
in which I can sit outside and maybe
even sip slowly on a margarita!

Here's sending love, peace and hope
to my fellow sufferers of SADS. We
have to make it, one way or another.

so longing for spring
green bits peeking through the snow
will this never end

No comments:

Post a Comment