Jul 18, 2022

07/18/2022

"What a difference a day makes."
~Stanley Adams

What is it about a day anyway?
The old song insists it lasts 
twenty four hours. . .  although 
I wouldn't swear to it!

I imagine the first thing, the most
important one, is waking up at all! 
Not everyone does, alas . . .

Sustenance . . . what's for breakfast?
Do you splash out? Make do? Plan
a fave? Rumor has it that it's the 
most important meal of the day. I
tend to sin on the side of anything
goes, unless I have visitors. Hell,
I've been known to have ice cream;
go figure!

What's next? How to spend the day?
At home? Doing chores? Taking a
run into town? Making something?
Yard work? Again, I've come to the
idea that what one does during the
day makes a serious difference in
the whole matter of things.

I do know that once I crawl into bed,
the ifs, ands and buts of the day seem
to attack full throttle. The mind tends
to review those purported twenty four
hours whether you like it or not.

Did I do anything important? Worthy?
Did I befriend? Help? Encourage? Was
the day enjoyed? Wasted? Endured?

One of the things I want to do when I
grow up is actually create those kind
of days that make a difference. Make
Dinah Washing proud . . .

whats doing today
methinks making beautys good
theres an idea


No comments:

Post a Comment