Jul 5, 2022

07/06/2022

"It takes courage to grow up 
and become who you really 
are." ~ee cummings

In today's culture, seems to 
be a bit of pride surrounding
this whole not growing up 
thing. Not sure exactly where 
I stand on this; I'm thinking, 
I'm thinking!

I believe we all gird up our
loins, sally forth and conquer
when the daily demands are
put upon us. Still, we enjoy 
pandering to the child within
as well!

Loved, enjoyed, cherished 
my 40 years of teaching. Yet,
being at play as an oldster
is priceless. Wonder if this 
doesn't have something to do 
with we old folks becoming 
a bit childish?!

And, no matter how much 
we enjoy our play; bills still
have to be paid, food bought
and prepared, house cleaned.

On the morrow, methinks I'm
going to go get in some trouble
with an old playmate of mine!
Can hardly wait and I already
have picnic ideas . . .

come and play awhile
caprice and whim at its best
can so hardly wait

No comments:

Post a Comment