Jul 20, 2020

07/20/2020

I love my age; make no mistake! I was not
supposed to have the gift of 70 years on this
planet, yet here I am. I am happy to be 70!

I dig the white hair, the wrinkles surprise me,
didn't expect the weight gain or the slower
gait! Still, it's all good . . . But, do I have to
ache so? What's with the whole body in pain?
Been working on the yard for three weeks . . .
and know this, I've paid for every sin I've
ever committed!

Aging in its own right is an amazing concept.
We all age differently, obviously. All you have
to do to drop the jaw is watch some of our
elders on the dance floor, doing gymnastics,
running, and all of a sudden you're wondering
why the hell you can't do any of those things
anymore?!

Guess I'd better bring on the gratitude check!
Glad I'm alive! Pleased I stand straight and
tall! Thrilled I have my mind (or most of it)!
So, let's give it up for aging disgracefully!!!

all my aches and pains
partying in my body
prey on someone else

No comments:

Post a Comment