Jul 5, 2020

07/05/2020

07/05/2020

We sat on the flat, fireworks stretched
from one end to the other. A couple of
them were town entertainment; the
others, private families enjoying special
time and treats with their children.

I do know that the 4th of July is our day
of independence; but it's ever so much
more than this. It's d) all of the above!
Family, friends, food, fireworks, 4th of July! 
Rather makes you rethink your f's, doesn't
it?!

In thinking about the term, 'independence',
I would like to remind us all that this is not
referring to a given group of privileged souls.
This is about all of us . . . no matter gender,
creed, race or color. One would think we'd
get this by now; for my sorrow, apparently
not.

I long to remember always . . . we are all 
special. We all matter. We all have a place
in this life in which we find ourselves. Pray
we go the distance . . .

longing to do right
ever be accountable
teach me to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment