Jul 14, 2020

07/14/200

Scary times . . . Evergreen forest fire roughly
three or four miles from us as the crow flies.
We needed a break from our labors, so we sat
and watched it last evening until it began to
rain. This kind of catastrophe is obviously
frightening as hell; rather makes you think!

I find it interesting how we face our days
with the usual concerns, "Am I going some
place today? Will I need a mask? Do we have
enough milk? Do I need to stop by the bank?"
And somethings, obviously, our issues are
much more serious. Still, an event such as a
forest fire a few miles from your home, tends
to put things in perspective.

All of a sudden, that extra gallon of milk
becomes fear of possible loss of hearth and
home. Even evacuation pales by its side.
I find it amazing how we truly never know
if we'll wake up the next day, if we'll be in
fine fettle or if some minor event will occur
to change life as we knew it. Hell, I never
expected to be wearing a mask for the rest
of my whatever!

I find myself wanting to renew my link
with life. I need to take a look at my own
dreams, wishes, fantasies and make some
of them come true. May this fire without
reignite all of our smoldering fires within.

dreaming dreams again
so wish many would come true
lets make them happen

No comments:

Post a Comment