Jun 23, 2020

06/23/2020

I keep thinking about who I want to be when
I grow up! If I were completely straight about
it, I would have to admit that it nigh onto
plagues me.

Being somewhat of a serious nature, this is
something I have thought about my entire life,
even as a child. I had this notion that I wanted
to 'happen to life' rather than have 'life happen
to me'. Wow! Was I ever in for a surprise.

Not sure it's my fault; me thinks I was born
that way. I'm a planner and a plotter. I like to
think about things, how I want them to go
and find myself damn annoyed when they
don't work out as I had dreamed up.

Understanding from an early age that I was
an eccentric (Thanks, daddy!), I created my
persona. I like to dress in unusual ways, and
have my own way of acting and speaking.
I've always liked unusual people and enjoy
spending time with them. I would rather
spend a couple of hours with an interesting
person, sharing in conversation, rather than
actually doing something entertaining.

Maybe then, I should stop worrying about
who I want to be when I grow up and get
that I already am . . . simply am!

wanting to be me
so trying to understand
who i truly am

No comments:

Post a Comment