Dec 24, 2019

12/24/19 - x-mas eve

I imagine most people are awaking to
thoughts of Christmas Eve and getting a
move on; the to do lists must be lengthy.
But for me, today marks the two year
anniversary of ending my life as I knew
it and moving into my 120 year old cabin
I had purchased some years before. What
an experience this has been. I've been
know to say it was akin to trying to fit
a five gallon bucket into an eighth of a
teaspoon . . . and along comes the
Away Team (Give Away/Put Away/Throw
Away). I swear, it's taken me these two
years to just get properly moved in, to
say nothing of the 'missings' (hearth and
home/neighbors/treasures/gatherings).
Still, this new life, as I am wont to call it,
has brought me a modicum of peace, new
friends and neighbors and a Santa's sack
of experiences I never would have had
otherwise. This Christmas Eve, I celebrate
poor decisions that have actually turned
out to be good ones . . . happy holidays
to yo and happy anniversary to me!

so long farewell bye
learning to say adios
trying me some new

No comments:

Post a Comment