Nov 9, 2018

11/09/18

I find the end-of-year holidays fascinating;
Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas,
each in their designated month. We all love
our holidays, our celebrations and I imagine
we each have a fave. For me it's Halloween,
known in my vernacular as Samhain. I begin
gathering my Halloween decor throughout
September, hardly able to wait until October
arrives to begin decorating. And here we are
sandwiched between a late desertion of trick
or treat and the early arrival of x-mas sox.
Poor Thanksgiving barely stands a chance.
I hear complaints about the stores bringing
in Christmas decor even before Halloween
arrives, but that's business at its best. It has
occurred to me that it's time to get even III
So, I've decided NOT to take down Halloween
until the night before Christmas. Should you
come to the cabin for a visit, expect to find
Jack-o-lanterns rather than pumpkin pies,
skeletons instead of Saint Nick and black and
orange candles, not red and green. Long live
Halloween!

a true confusion
thinking sleigh bells and presents
tis ever hallows

No comments:

Post a Comment