Aug 23, 2024

08/2302024

"My wish for you is that you
continue, continue to be who
you are, to astonish a mean
world w/your acts of kindness."
~Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou has always been
and continues to be, one of the
wisest women to ever grace the
earth! Mother Earth!!!

I wish I could properly emulate
her, yet there are times when I
sense that all kindness is dried
up somewhere in my soul.

But then, just as I'm losing faith,
I see someone who invokes in
me, a need to give a hand. And,
whilst doing so, with heart in
hand, I give thanks to the earth
that I'm not quite done yet.

Not certain if it's moi or being
born a Libra or just plain dumb 
luck, but I have this yen for
perfection. This needs to end!

We don't obtain perfection in
this lifetime. Having said that,
we should strive for being 
whole rather than the impossible.

So hoping I have just a tad more
in me to stay a while and work
on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment