Sep 18, 2022

09/17/2022

Contemplating here . . .
do differences truly matter?

Looking at the variations in
families; Christian, Pagan or
naught, gay or straight, rich
or poor, white, black or other,
professional or mainstream,
and all I can think of . . .
it all makes for interesting.

Can't help but wonder why
the hell do we get all wrapped
up in people's similarities when
it's the differences that are so
damn interesting! Same song,
second verse . . . boring!

I take the odd peek or two
at my life of yesteryear and
I find that what stays in my
mind are all of those glorious
eccentrics in my life. The odd
professor, the challenging
roommate, those amazing
conversations with that left
winger, the modes of dress
of women I much admire.
Exactly who I want to be
when I grow up!

Then, I try to bring up those
cookie cutter people I've dealt
with over my lifetime. Some
of them are sweet, sweet gals.
Others could be quite critical
of the likes of moi. Yet these
mainstreamers make up the
world that surrounds us.

I believe many like it that way.
Others may not even have
realized their same ole, same
ole. I do know we need them
in our lives and we should be
as accepting of them as we'd
like for them to be of us.

Nonetheless, guess I'm stuck
with that odd me; good thing
it makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment