Dec 14, 2023

12/14/2023

Real or imagined?

There can be nothing quite like
living in a cabin 145 years old!

Creaks, groans accompanying
our steps, the odd shadow that 
can't be explained, a bit of chat
outside?

Seems the builder of the cabin,
1874, likes to hang out in the
back yard; my dad as well. My
guy has spoken to both of them.

The man who built the cabin 
was a blacksmith and 'tis what 
he built it for. He told my better
half that he likes what we've
done with the place and that 
we "keep the upkeep kept up!"

I was never given the gift of
seeing nor hearing that goes
along those gone by. My lover
has battled the gift his entire
life. Rather wish he could give
it to me.

One way or another, I am much
thankful for my little cabin. It
has brought us, and others, much
joy!

Come on by for a look-see and a
swig of something good . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment