Oct 17, 2021

10/17/2021

"We are the daughters of the earth,
bleeding by the moon and basking
in the sun. It is up to us to live our
truth and help other women live
theirs with freedom and happiness."
~Clarissa Pinkola Estés

I believe I knew this once, a long 
time ago. I find myself aching to
remember and acknowledge the
wisdom herein. How could I have
allowed this truth to slip away?

Perhaps, we get so wrapped up
in our families, rearing our kids,
working for a living, that our
spirituality is somewhat on hold?!

I can't help but wonder if the
arrival of our elder years, 
remind us of those insights we
once knew and held so dear?!

This I know to be true . . . 
I yearn for enlightenment. 
I long for spiritual joy. I crave 
the knowledge that will take 
me there. I literally ache for the
peace these understandings 
must bring.

so longing to know
pray teach me what i must learn
ere i die too soon

No comments:

Post a Comment