Jul 27, 2021

07/27/2021

"I wonder how many people I've 
looked at all my life and never seen."
~John Steinbeck

What an amazing, thought provoking
statement . . . it brings me to tears;
breaks my heart!

I truly believe it's people we should 
be seeing, seeking, rather than goodies
life has to offer. Per se, we seek comfort
for our families, hearth and home. 

There is naught wrong with this; it is as 
it should be. Still, the pursuit of bigger
houses, more cars, millions instead of
thousands . . . all replacing time that
could be well spent with family and
friends.

Perhaps a serious look at our priorities
is in order. Obviously, they will differ
from person to person. For me it's . . .

    love before like
    people before things
    homes before houses
    comfort before pleasure
    belief before doubt

Whether or not we elucidate our own
priorities, beliefs . . . we have them. 
For me, it's important to honor them.
I find it helps me stay the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment