Sep 28, 2019

09/28/19

Friends are truly the gifts we give ourselves.
Rather makes me question why we bother
with any other kind. True friends know your
angsts, your sorrows, your overcomings and
your once in a while glories. They are the best
calorie-free box of chocolates you'll ever receive!
Of course, I love cards in the mail, that sweet
unexpected present, that perfect surprise . . .
But, I've come to realize that the gifts that truly
matter are along the lines of quality time spent
together, real words shared (lose the inanities!)
and quiet moments in which those real words
are completely unnecessary. I love growing older
(the hope of accruing wisdom never dies), but
I do think I'm coming to understand some of
those universal truths that once escaped me.
Pray, send me some wisdom in a box for my
birthday!

need to comprehend
a different kind of gift
pray enlighten me

No comments:

Post a Comment