Aug 13, 2018

08/13/18

My prima hermana posted a pic this morning
our our aunt's 80th. Not only did it bring back
a myriad of memories, but one is reminded
of the precarities of life, if you'll forgive the
bastardization of the word! In looking at it,
I believe we've lost either four or five family
members since it was taken. I am struck by
how easily we slip into our given daily routines,
existing rather than living. I can well remember
thinking in days of yesteryear, that I would
never just exist, I would live life to the fullest!
I think I had some idea that 'twas only the
oldsters that had tiny lives and simply faded
away at some point . . . and here I am. Obviously,
shekels are an issue, to say nothing of time
constraints, health and our ever changing tastes.
Nonetheless, I appreciate the reminder that life
is to be LIVED! Best get on with it then, hadn't I?

life is to be lived
to exist is not enough
reminder needed

No comments:

Post a Comment