Apr 22, 2024

04/22/2024 - Earth Day, 54 years

"Earth Day, observed annually
on April 22, was first celebrated
in 1970. Earth Day places a focus
on clean air and water, addressing
pollution and championing
conservation efforts." VOA News

Ever so pleased to have witnessed
this is my own lifetime . . .

I know there's a lot of sorrowful
happenings all around us. Thus,
it's somewhat easy to forget all 
the wondrous, the glorious.

Mother Earth gifts us so much . . .
Trees that surround us, gardens
to grow familial food, acres for
crops, streams, rivers and seas.
The list is endless.

Alas, I fear her righteous revenge
when she tires of the way we mis-
treat her.

On this Earth Day, it's time for
each of us to commit to doing a
better job. Let's remember those
three R's . . .

Reduce! Reuse!! Recycle!!!

Mother Earth, I promise, I
commit, to mind the three R's
more carefully each day I live . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment