Apr 23, 2024

04/24/2024

Ever have a sense that
something is missing? 
A deep hunger, almost?

I find it's a bit like an
unrequited desire you can't
quite put your finger on.

I page through those pages
in my mind . . . Is it that I
need to lay eyes on my babes?
Perhaps, take a short trip?

Am I longing for a childhood
fave such as mac and cheese?
A grown up need for dark
chocolate? A chat w/a friend
whilst indulging in a glass or
two of red?

Is it something that hasn't
happened yet or a memory
out of yesteryear? Do I need
to sit by my fire and chat with
my dad? I do miss him ever
so much!

A nap? A rest? A special book?
A sunny day? A bit of warmth?
A letter? A card?

Alas, I ache with a longing 
so deep and simply cannot find 
an answer with which to soothe 
my soul . . .

I am sooooo hungry, starved for 
peace in my soul . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment