Jul 18, 2019

07/18/19

I've always enjoyed giving presents,
even as a child. I understand I've
made some people uncomfortable,
but I think my friends know this
about me and accept me as I am.
I had a rude awakening yesterday
that bears pondering. We decided
to treat ourselves at our fave cafe.
When it came time to pay, the chef's
assistant treated us. She explained
that she had wanted to do so for a
long while, a truly lovely gesture.
The interesting bit to me was just
how uncomfortable I felt receiving
the gift. A single mother, making
her way, working incredible hours
and she gifted us our meal. Wow!
I don't think it's in me to not give,
but learning to receive with the
same joy bears thinking about!

to give to receive
lessons from the universe
i pray i may learn

No comments:

Post a Comment