Aug 22, 2019

08/22/19

Getting away? Or, getting away from me?
Funny how we all enjoy getting away, going
on vacation and trying to leave our troubles
behind. I rather like the idea of leaving the
old me as well, but I find she tends to come
along, no matter where I go. Which leaves
me wondering . . . how the hell can I learn
to leave her, her issues, her shit, somewhere
I'll never see her again. It's not that she's such
a bad guy, it's simply that I like to think that
I've grown beyond her. I'm working on it . . .
at least metaphorically. I understand now,
that many of the things I throw away, get
rid of, share . . . are all about dry runs for
letting go. I may need more wisdom than
luck, so feel free to send some my way . . .

trying and trying
ever and always learning
wisdom as well please

No comments:

Post a Comment