Aug 7, 2019

08/07/19

Perhaps Stanley Adams said it all when he wrote
the lyrics to What a Difference a Day Makes. We've
all experienced this, all of us! I've noted over the
years that I can be gloriously happy one day and
more than a bit miserable the next; I simply hadn't
thought of it in this context before. Goes a long way
towards proving that one can still learn new things
whilst approaching 70! I'm not exactly certain where
I want to go from here, but I do recognize this bears
some thinking about. I wonder if we could actually
have a greater impact on whether our days render
joy or sorrow. Not sure if Norman Vincent Peale's
The Power of Positive Thinking has all the answers
either. Still, somewhere 'twixt book and song, there
has to be some answers. Me thinks focusing on the
myriad of bits and pieces of joy throughout one's day
might be the answer. After all, 'tis the seasoning that
makes the meat delish!

try to remember
native wisdom from within
singing my own song

No comments:

Post a Comment