Jun 20, 2021

09/20/2021 - Father's Day

I feel my father is never very far from
me. I talk to him every day. I tell him
my thoughts and that I miss him. I
even feel that he hears me . . . I'm
certain of it!

It wasn't that long ago that I realized
when in prayer, I find myself talking
to dad. I doubt God minds very much
as he is a father as well and probably
gets it.

I think about the father of my children
and what an amazing gift he gave me
in my children. I think about the fathers
of my stepchildren and again, I am so
grateful for the gifts they gave me in 
my stepchildren. 

I love Father's Day, the memories 
flooding back, the acknowledgements.
I would remind those lucky enough
to still have their dads, to spend time
with them. Alas, their time by our
sides is not eternal.

so wish you were here
father to end all fathers
oh how i miss you

No comments:

Post a Comment