Oct 12, 2024

10/12/2024

"I am pieces of all the places
I have been, and the people I
have loved. I've been stitched
together by song lyrics, book
quotes, adventure, late night
conversations, moonlight,
and the smell of coffee."
~Brooke Hampton

This may just be the loveliest
sentiment Brooke Hampton
ever wrote. Even, without her
customary four-letter words!

In truth, her words so define
who one is, and/or becomes.
I think of being reared in a
small, beauty of a right-wing
town, going away to school
in the desert at 15, Mexico 
for the following 20 years
and back to the US to end
my 40 year teaching career.

Today, I am honored to spend
some of my birth month time
w/two of the dearest friends
I have made here in the US.

I can only imagine the fun we
will share, memories hashed
and new ones made.

I swear, this whole turning 75
caper is an absolute blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment