Aug 8, 2026

08/08/2026

"Another dollar, another
day" as my dad used 
to say . . .

One of the things I so
like of my elder years
is having a look-see at
just about everything.

I've commented before
that I like omitting some-
thing during the waning
moon and adding some-
thing during the waxing
moon. Just one of those
crazy things about moi!

Our next new moon will
be on August 12, a perfect
two week period to think
about those things wishing
to give up or give a rest.

Per se, I don't drink in Jan,
May and Sept. This year I
forewent May, but think 
I'll do Sept. And now here's 
me thinking about what to 
do on the 12th.

I'd like to make a stab at
giving up the F-word. So
glad I have a few days to
think about that one.

I could do a drink less 
for those two weeks as 
a precursor to Sept.

Might even work on
eating a tad better. I've
used the excuse of age
and retirement to eat
anything I like at any
hour . . . prob not a
good idea.

Sooooo, here's thinking . . .

 - - -

"Another dollar, another
day" originated as a 19th
century American sailor's
expression when seamen
earned about a dollar a day
on long, monotonous voyages.
~Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment